Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ponce, PR (PSE): At the gate in Newark

Newark-Liberty International, Newark NJ (EWR)

13JAN08
I got to the gate at 9:58a, there was a crowd at the gate and I asked one guy if they had cleared the standby list. He said yes and that I should to talk to the agent; I did and was given a boarding pass with a middle seat about 2/3rds of the way back. I took it and was about to board when a friend called me. We chatted for a bit and then I boarded at 10:03a.

The jetway had people standing there as I guess customer had trouble getting settled inside. As I waited, a flight attendant said that there was no more space for bags, so she started tagging the ones for people behind me. During the wintertime, it is always bad as most everyone wears a coat and no one wants to hold their coat in their lap the entire flight. Consequently the overheads are full of coats; I wished there was a better solution.

No comments: