Sunday, February 03, 2008

London Feb. 1: Arriving in Geneva, Switzerland (GVA)

03FEB08 Geneva International, Geneva (GVA)

We taxied up to the gate and I deplaned along with everyone else.

It was quite a long walk to the Immigration area, but I got a good chance to see the planes on the tarmac at the gates. I thought about just going into the terminal area as opposed to entering the country. I decided against it and then went to the Immigration area. I cleared Immigration without and issues and I then cleared Customs and headed out to where everyone was being met.

I headed upstairs to the departure area to find a spot to check in for my flight. I did and was told that I'd get a seat at the gate as the flight was quite busy.

I walked around the airport for a bit and then sat down to catch my breath a little. I thought about going into the city, but did not even bother although I later found out later that it was only five minutes away by train and cost 3 CHF on either the #10 bus or any train from the platform as they all stop in the center of the city.

I walked over the the train station and shopping area and it was a busy beehive of activity. I somehow mistook Geneva for Zurich as I was looking for the waving gallery above the airport and that is actually located in Zurich.


I did some window shopping in the stores as well as at the little flea market that was in the hallways. I then went down to the supermarket that was also in the area. On my way back to the airport terminal, I saw a place to store your bags. I did not check it out, but that is good to know for a future visit.

I then made my way back to the terminal and walked around some more. I saw a display of Carbon Offset done by IATA. You can see it below.





After checking it out, I entered the Immigration area.

No comments: