Sunday, February 03, 2008

London Feb. 1: Leaving Geneva, Switzerland (GVA)

Geneva International, Geneva, Switzerland (GVA)

I entered the departure/shopping area of the airport at about 12:10p. I then had to go through the security area, but I did not know where to go since my flight was not yet assigned a gate. I had a choice of security areas A, B or C. I did what everyone else was doing, walked around the shops. I also looked for a Lounge. I did find three, but none of my credentials would give me access to any of them. I really need to get a Priority Pass card as that would have given me access to all but one of the lounges.

While I waited in the secure area near gate B41, I saw a Qatar Airways (QR) A330-200 A7-ACB arrive from Doha. This is the plane that will go to Newark and make up the return flight QR84 on 3FEB08. I love aviation! There was also a Q400 at the hard stand that later left for the runway followed by a A330 from Monarch.


I showed my passport and boarding pass to the gate agent who said hello and gave me a Landing card for the U.K. This is the card ones fill out whenever they enter the U.K. The next agent took my ticket, then ran the boarding pass through the reader and gave me the end of it back. I then went up the stairs and down the jetway to the waiting airplane.

No comments: