Saturday, February 23, 2008

Waco, TX: Getting to the airport

23FEB08 Houston, TX

My goal was to catch the 9:07a or so bus so I can easily connect to the 9:58a to the airport. My backup is the 9:22a which cuts it close, but still makes it. With that in mind, I left the house with ample time to make the 9:07a happen. As I neared the bus stop, I realized that I was missing my ID so I had to return home to get it.

On my way back to the bus stop, the bus passed by. The wait for the next one was not too long and I passed the time by catching up with family on the mobile. The next bus arrived earlier than expected and dropped me downtown with more than enough time to catch the 102 semi-express to the airport. It says it is an Express bus, but the word Express indicates no stops and this bus stops several times during its one hour journey to the airport.

I waited about 30 minutes before the bus arrived late at 10:10a. Its scheduled arrival time at the airport is 10:51a; I am not sure it will make it. Not an issue as the flight is at 11:45a and I am already checked in. it’s just that this may cut into my valuable Lounge time since the bus arrives in Terminal C and the flight departs from Terminal A. I don’t think there is a Lounge in Terminal A at the moment that I can use.

At 11:06a, the bus arrived at the airport. I’ll have to hustle now in order to get some Lounge time in and still take that shuttle over to Terminal A.

No comments: