Saturday, February 23, 2008

Waco, TX: Waco Regional Airport, Waco, TX (ACT) to Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

CO9554 23FEB08 Waco Regional Airport, Waco, TX (ACT) to Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 1:00p 2:00p SF3 N352CJ operated by Colgan Air as Continental Connection

Flight Time: 0:46

As I boarded, I said hello to the flight attendant; she smiled and said that she thought that I was kidding when I said I'd be right back. I made my way back to the last row although I was in row 7, the Exit row.

That back row has four seats while the other 11 rows is in a 1-2 configuration with a lavatory at the right front of the airplane.

At 12:44p, the Captain came on the PA and gave his welcome. He says the current temperature is 58F in Houston with light variable winds and clear skies. It is a good day to fly he concluded.

In the meantime, the flight attendant had closed the door and now started her welcome aboard and did her safety demo in English. We pulled forward at 12:48p and headed for runway 19. As we were the only traffic, we were airborne in no time. It was really beautiful outside.





The ding came at 1:02p and two minutes later the Captain came on the PA and said we were at 9,000' and that is our cruising altitude. The beverage service had started and this time, I was served a pack of pretzel and one of peanuts; I topped it off with a ginger ale. I asked the flight attendant if she had hot drinks and she said yes. I also asked about alcoholic beverages. She said that none was loaded in Houston, which is the reason why she did not make any announcement about there being a charge for it.

At 1:19p, the Captain came on the PA and said that we were starting our descent and that the temperature in Houston was now 62F, the winds were 6mph and visibility is 10 miles. The flight attendant then prepared the cabin for landing.

No comments: