Saturday, February 23, 2008

Waco, TX: Houston, TX (IAH) to Waco, TX (ACT)

CO9502 23FEB08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to Waco Regional Airport, Waco, TX (ACT) 11:45a 12:45p SF3 N352CJ operated by Colgan Air as Continental Connection

Flying Time: 0:52

As I boarded, I was greeted by the flight attendant. She was just wrapping up her announcement. She told me to sit anywhere in the back although I had row 4. It was a light load (10) and I assumed that it was due to the weight restrictions of this 1-2 leather seat configured Saab 340. It even have overhead bins.

I made my way to the back and a minute later, the door was closed at 11:34a and the flight attendant gave her manual safety demo in English. At 11:39a, we pulled forward and headed for runway 33R/15L. At 11:42a, we were airborne.

I love being smaller planes as you get such views of the earth below; take a look at what I mean:




It took forever for the 10,000’ ding which came at 11:53a. By this time, the flight attendant was serving drinks and peanuts. I asked for apple juice and got the whole can. The lady across from me one row up was having some carrots, crackers and cheese, I assume from the airport Lounge. I checked and I did have some crackers as well since the peanuts were too hard to eat.

After serving everyone, the flight attendant advised that it was O.K. to use your electronic devices and gave the welcome on board saying her name and advising that if there is anything she can do to help, not to hesitate to ask.

We have 0:37 minutes to go says the Captain at 11:57a advising us to sit back, relax and enjoy the flight.

At 12:31p our descent into the Waco area started about 40 miles out from the field. The Captain said it was 58F down there and a little windy. He said we may have bumps on landing and will be landing in about 14 minutes and saying thanks and advising the flight attendant to prepare for arrival.

The flight attendant then advised that she would come clean up stuff; you can use your cell phones once we land and we should put away our electronic stuff.

As we approached the field, you could see it in the hazy distance as well as other structures.




At 12:23p, we touched down. It was a beautiful sight to see on landing on this clear day which was perfect for flying.

No comments: