Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Google Android G1 Phone: Arriving in Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

It was 7:07p when the #102 arrived at Terminal C. I bolted off the bus, holding my top pocket and my backpack as I headed for the departure level. I went up one more level up and followed the signs to Terminal E. I was hoping that the parking lot entrance was not closed as that would have ended this run.

I was in luck it was still open and there was onyl one guy going through. I showed my documents to the TSA office noting for future reference that it is closed from 8:30p to 5:30a. I cleared security as fast as I could and then darted for the closed doors at the end of the corridor.

I almost ran into the stationary doors as I was not sure which ones would open. Quick thinking avoided certain disaster. It was now 7:10p and I had to make it to E-19, the last gate in Terminal E. At one point, I thought I should just stop for fear of just passing out, but I continued as fast as my legs could take me.

I rounded the corner at gate E-24 and saw a red coat all the way at the end. I had a feeling he was looking out for runners; me. I tried to move faster, but my legs were low on oxygen so I just kept my already quickened pace. As I neared him, he shouted nicely "San Antonio?' I said an out of breath "yes" and nodded.

The agent then gave me my boarding pass and sent me down the jetway.

I can't believe it, I made it.

No comments: