Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Google Android G1 Phone: Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to San Antonio International, San Antonio TX (SAT)

CO479 21OCT08 Houston Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to San Antonio International, San Antonio TX (SAT) 7:20p 8:24p 738 N??267

Flight Time: 0:36
Seat Map

I went to the seat I was assigned, but there was someone sitting there so I took the open window seat; the middle was empty. This flight was pretty light so there were many empty seats.

I had just enough time to make a call to my friend in San Antonio advising him that I was on my way.

I looked to my left and saw a Boeing 777-200 there. Odd, one of the flights to Europe must be late. It is either the Paris-bound or the London-Heathrow-bound flight, I was not sure which.

The door closed at 7:18p and by 7:22p we pushed back with the safety video playing as we did so. The Captain had come on the PA and advised that we were held up due to congestion behind.

It was 7:45p when we took to the skies from runway 15L.

Immediately after takeoff, we were offered a pack of stadium style peanut and then a beverage; I opted for some water and apple juice. I was trying to get down the tray table that was in the middle and it would not budge; what I did not realize was that the guy at the aisle knee was blocking it; I apologized profusely and he laughed. Geez, how silly could I be? I felt like a real dingbat.

At 7:59p we were level at 24,000', the Capt. came on and said we will go into gate 30 or 31 and we should be in just shy of the 73F and clear skies. Have a good night on this short flight.

At 8:05p, we started our descent into San Antonio, soon after the flight attendants came by and cleaned up before we landed.

No comments: