Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Trip 2007: Chuuk (TKK) to Phonopei (PNI)

9 CS956 28DEC Chuuk (TKK) to Pohnpei (PNI) 10:45a 12:58a N14249

Estimated Departure Time: 10:30 AM
Estimated Arrival Time: 12:49 PM
Pushed Back: 10:30 AM

I boarded saying hello to the crew once more.

I took my seat as did others. I realized that the couple next to me were in seat 17 as opposed to my row as the lady said she thought the "14" on the boarding was the seat number, not the gate number. I guess the other guy had made the same error. The folks for those two seats took the once directly behind as they were empty. I did not have that luxury in Guam.

The flying time would be 1:04 minutes to Pohnpei says the crew before starting the safety video. The engines started and we headed out; on the islands, the airplane parks and ensures that it can get out on its own power as there is no pushback carts; at least I did not see any.

More documents were issued for the new passengers and the normal announcement of the service to be expected was given. We were served peanuts and beverages on this leg.

Soon, we started a long and what seemed early descent into Pohnpei. The water around the islands are absolutely stunning!

No comments: