Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Trip 2007: Pohnpei (PNI)

Pohnpei (PNI)

We landed really hard, but any landing on these islands is a good one; the couple next to me was now at their destination. We taxied back using the runway as a taxi-way.

It was now my side of the the plane's turn to get off and wait in the transit area for inspection. I did saying, I'll be back" to the crew again. This is going to be fin I thought...

On the ground, the facilities were quite small, but cozy. The re-boarding announcement was made without a PA system and the normal boarding process commenced.

I checked for a wireless signal but none was found. I also did bring my power cord to get some charge while here and I was able to plug in. This room had a TV going (American football) as opposed to the bare one in TKK.

It was now 8:03p 27DEC in Houston 1:03p local time on 28DEC. Time travel is really freaky.

It was now my turn to board. As I walked out I asked one of the guys if he was from PNI, he said no, he was actually from Kosrae and was in the military and was heading home. I was trying to find out what was there to be done in Kosrae, but no luck there.

No comments: