Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Trip 2007: HNL awaiting the flight

I just arrived at the airport. On the ride over the lady asked me where I was going; Tokyo I said without thinking, then said actually Nagoya. I asked her how was her Christmas and she said she had to work adding "they don't think we have families." She also said she will be working New Year's day as well.

I thanked her for the ride, tipped her and exited the van. I checked myself in and then headed to the security area, showing my credentials and entering. As my computer came through the guy asked to swab it and took it away. he then said to open; I quipped, "it does not look like a computer?" I don't think he heard me as he said yes and I moved on; you could tell I am a little annoyed at the system today...

I then headed to the Northwest WorldClub and presented my credentials. She explained that there was a Presidents Club next door that I could use if I wanted, but I am also welcome to use the WorldClub.

I asked about shower facilities in either this Club or the Presidents Club next door and she said that neither has, but the Qantas Club does, but you don't have access. She then said, you look fine, to which I smiled and said, not for now, but in the future is what I was looking for.


The Lounge is nice, but nothing compared to the ones in Tokyo. The usual newspapers, a well stocked bar and some snacks. It was hard to find somewhere to plug in my electronic items though.

They do have complimentary Internet access though, so I can make this blog entry; kudos for that.

No comments: