Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Trip 2007: Kosrae (KSA)

Kosrae (KSA)

Arrival Time: 02:36 PM

It was a smooth landing on Kosrae despite the strong wind straight down the runway.

I disembarked with other passengers and got my passport stamped as I noticed that the guy was doing it for others. This terminal is really old and is divided into two places. Everyone here is so laid back it is not funny; well it is. The heat and humidity was intense as well.

They boarded by row numbers but we (transit passengers) mixed with the new passengers so we had to wait for most of them to go. I asked a Japanese couple where they were going and they said Majuro; another passenger asked me where I was going and I said Honolulu; he said the same. He had not been to Honolulu since 1976 he said! He was going as he was working with his church having retired from the military. There was also a Group in very colorful shirts that was also boarding.

I could not find a power cord and by now I was out of power, so I could not re-charge or check for a wireless signal. My cell phone had no signal though.

There was one passenger changing her seat, which I thought was odd.

As I got back to the plane, I picked up my bag from the baggage cart and boarded the plane.

No comments: