Friday, February 01, 2008

London, England Feb. 1: Houston TX

01FEB08 Houston, TX

After figuring it all out, I decided to take a short tip to see a friend in San Antonio, TX (SAT) and then head to London in the morning. The exact routing was not yet planned, but I had some ideas.

I darted out of the house at 5:15p, much too late to catch the 5:29p 102 bus to the airport from downtown. I figured I’d just catch the next one and play it all by ear and let it unfold. In a few minutes a bus showed up that was actually two minutes late. On my way downtown, I called Metro and found out that there was a bus at 6:02p arriving at the airport at 7:10p. the one before was at 5:49p, but it did not go all the way to the airport sadly; not sure why it has the same route number though, but Houston Metro is odd like that.

That bus showed up at about 5:52p or so and I confirmed wit the driver that he was not going to the airport and he said, “correct.” I continued my pone conversation with two of my friends as I waited. A guy came up and lit a cigarette and just spat right there on the pavement; gross!!! So much for being at least 25’ away from the building when smoking. Oddly enough he was not waiting for a bus at all…I think he was a homeless guy.

At 6:10p, the bus arrived and I was on my way to the airport.

No comments: