Friday, February 01, 2008

London Feb. 1: CO1459 Houston, TX to San Antonio, TX

CO1459 01FEB08 Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) to San Antonio International, San Antonio, TX (SAT) 9:15p 10:20p 739 N??407

Flying Time: 0:40

I boarded this Boeing 737-900 with its eighteen 2-2 configured leather seats and 149 3-3 configured Economy seats. I had a middle seat, but I was happy as I had not made the earlier flight. The boarding process was quick and we pushed from the gate ontime I think.

I got to talking to the guy next to me for quite a bit and we had interesting conversations. By now we were at the runway and time for takeoff.

After takeoff, the flight attendants came through with water and juices; on their second pass, I opted for water as did the guy next to me; the lady on my right opted for orange juice. During the flight, I was looking at the map in the Continental magazine trying to plan my routing for getting to Europe the next day. I looked at taking SAS (SK) to Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH) or Swiss (LX) to Geneva, Switzerland (GVA) as choices. No decision as yet.

The Captain came on the PA and said we were cruising at about 24,000’ and would start our descent in about five minutes.

No comments: