Friday, February 01, 2008

Tel Aviv Israel: Newark Liberty International, Newark NJ (EWR) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH)

C01011 1FEB08 Newark Liberty International, Newark NJ (EWR) to Houston-Intercontinental, Houston TX (IAH) 8:50a 12:10p 733 N??327

Flight Time: 3:57

The line was a little backed up as I waited to boarded this Boeing 737-300 that had no entertainment system. I said hello to the flight attendants in the galley and continued past the 12 leather First class seats in a 2-2- configuration and onto the 112 cloth seats in a 3-3- configuration.

There were no issues making it to my aisle seat, where I settled in nicely and waited for departure. I was really tired, so I actually fell asleep before we pushed back. I was briefly awake for the manual safety demo and the entire pushback. I only wake as we taxied and the Captain said we were like #12 and that means we had to wait about twenty minutes until it was our turn. The good thing he said though is that he expected us to still arrive ontime in Houston.

I have no idea when we took off, but we did. I awoke to be served breakfast and asked what I wanted to drink. Breakfast came in the form of Corn Flakes with 2% milk and raisins. Odd, that there was no banana, but I guess it must be the departure time that determines whether you get a banana or not. This was good breakfast and I ate heartily as soon as the milk was able to soften the flakes and the raisins.

The lady next to me started to talk a bit and so I listened. She said that my leg was against hers while I slept and that she was actually warm, until I realized that our knees were touching and I moved away. That was interesting to hear as I was fast asleep and had no idea what was happening. She was pleased that I could sleep on a plane.

She had started in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada (YHZ) at about 6:00a. I told her that we flew pretty close to Halifax and then made a left turn towards Newark. She was in Halifax for business all week and it was really cold as she was from Houston. She was a really pleasant lady and told me that her kid was cute when we got around to talking about that. Unfortunately, the kid was a sickly child having born pre-mature and had a hole in her heart and also had asthma. If it was any consolation, I told her my sister was born with asthma and was fine now. It was interesting to listen to her story. We had a really great conversation and then it fizzled as we had explored all facets.

I went back to reading my magazine as her to listening to her Ipod Nano. Soon, it was time for landing and we came in for a smooth landing without any incident.

No comments: