Friday, February 01, 2008

London Feb. 1: Arriving in San Antonio, TX (SAT)

01FEB08 San Antonio International, San Antonio, TX (SAT)

We touched down at 10:20p which was our scheduled arrival time and after much breaking slowed down and headed for the gate. It was useless to get up, so I sat until it was time to do so. I bade a good trip to my seatmate and followed him out the door.

I then turned left and headed for the Baggage Claim area and outside. I called my friend and he said h was just turning into the airport. There was an officer keeping traffic moving as there were a few people just stopping and waiting. A FedEx MD-11 took off into the night skies while I waited. My ride showed up soon after and I got in. On our way out of the airport, I saw a Delta Air Lines (DL) Boeing 757-200 with winglets and in new colors at one of the hangars. The hangar in San Antonio does a lot of work; I’ve seen all kinds of planes there in the past. There was even an ex-Northwest DC-10 there still painted in the Northwest colors.

No comments: