Saturday, May 31, 2008

Port of Spain May 2008: Printing a boarding pass

Port of Spain, Trinidad

As we were leaving the next morning early for the airport, we went online and tried to check-in for the flights. I was given a nice error message and told my reservation was in order, but I had to go to the airport to check-in. I tried to figure out the reason and since I had changed my ticket since it was purchased, the electronic ticket and the reservation were not in sync. So the ticket showed the flight I booked and the reservation showed the one I really wanted and had called to have changed a few days earlier.

I tried to check in Lee and to our surprise, we noticed that the seat map showed First class seats; this is an all Economy class market served by Dash-3s, but they had added a Boeing 737-800 due to the loads. It was a Holiday weekend in Trinidad & Tobago (Indian Arrival Day), so there was lots of people going back and forth between the two islands.

I picked seat 3A for Lee and displayed the boarding pass as we did not have a printer on which to print it. He was elated and I told him that hopefully I would join him at seat 4A in the morning.

The next morning we got our stuff ready and departed at about 6:45a as Alexis had already arrived. We were trying to find a place to eat breakfast, but were unsuccessful as one place was closed down, another was not serving food until 11:00a and yet another was not yet opened.

Dismayed, we headed for the airport.

No comments: